Work on your car at home!
In response to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, ALLDATA has provided a temporary way for you to access the database at home. Click on the link below and use the generic login credentials below. Only 500 simultaneous users can be on at a time.
– These prep presentations are a great way to prepare to (re)take the A.C.T.!
Whether you’re a first-timer or a retaker, these presentaions are for you. Each presentation focuses on a different aspect of the A.C.T., starting with an Introduction that includes specific strategies, approaches, and methods. Each presentation focuses on a diferent section of the test (English, Math, etc.).
Full-scale mock A.C.T. tests can be found in the bitly folder as well.
During the COVID-19 outbreak, many information providers are making their resources more widely accessible to library patrons. Here are some resources that are temporarily available with your library card.
Ancestry Library Edition, ordinarily only available from public library computers, is temporarily available from your home. Visit ohioweblibrary.org/db/ancestry for access. (Through May 2020)
NewspaperArchive.com is offering remote access to their collection of over 300 million digitized newspaper pages. Visit ohioweblibrary.org/db/newspaperachive for access. (Ends May 15, 2020)
World Book has created an expanded distance learning resource page, with tips, tutorials and activities. For the month of April, they have added additional subscriptions to Ohio’s collection, including eBooks, a craft/activity resource, and additional science and social studies portals. Visit ohioweblibrary.org/db/worldbook for access.
Tumblebooks is offering their collections for free until August 2020.
EBSCOhost has upgraded their core product subscriptions to their highest category options until June 30.
Infobase has opened a “Custom Collection” of their databases and streaming video products for children, teens and adults. (Ends July 1, 2020.)
- Smithsonian Distance Learning
- The Smithsonian is committed to supporting teachers and their students around the globe as they face unprecedented new learning challenges. On the Learning Lab, teachers have access to millions of digital resources from across the Smithsonian’s museums, research centers, libraries, archives, and more. You will also find pre-packaged collections that contain lessons, activities, and recommended resources made by Smithsonian museum educators as well as thousands of classroom teachers. Click here https://learninglab.si.edu/distancelearning
- Specialty COVID-19 Resources
- Some vendors have opened up access to coronavirus-related information within their subscription products.
- The Gale eBooks: Coronavirus & Global Pandemics Collection helps learners better understand global viruses, pandemics, epidemics, outbreaks, and more.
- Gale In Context: Global Issues – Pandemic Preparedness supports global awareness and offers a global perspective.
- Gale Health and Wellness – Coronavirus, a comprehensive consumer health resource providing authoritative information on health-related issues.
- Gale In Context: Science – Viruses provides contextual information and virtual science instruction.
- Gale Interactive: Science – Coronavirus, interactive 3D model.